Penn 515 MAG4
The latest addition to the ever popular Penn Mag range, the 515 Mag 4, promises to tick even more boxes in 2021 and ensure that this is the easiest to use Penn Mag reel to date.
The 515 is a narrower spooled version of the classic 525 and this makes it a great reel choice for using with finer lines. The lighter and narrower spool also allows even longer casting making the 515 a perfect reel for targeting larger hard fighting fish at maximum range on clean to mixed beaches as well as uptide and light-medium down tide boat fishing applications.
The Mag 4 introduces a number of improved features
- The magnetic braking system is now adjusted by a ‘CS’ Style Mag Knob – This makes it easy to adjust the drag to get the perfect setting for conditions on the day. It also allows experienced casters to reduce the braking ‘mid cast’ to try and eke out those extra few yards
- The graphite frame has extra strengthening between the reel foot and cross bars. This adds rigidity and prevents the risk of any flex in the frame when under load or during powerful casts.
- The handle is made from a heavier gauge metal to give extra strength, the soft grip T knob is comfortable to hold even with wet hands
- The inboard spool bearing are premium oiled allowing the spool to spin freely on the floating spindle.
- The ocean blue finish to the trim and spool give the reel a very classy look
These new features combined with the already high spec of the ‘Mag 515’
- Extra strong stainless steel CNC gear technology
- Live spindle with free floating spool, making the spool totally free from restriction and drag.
- Super smooth HT-100 star drag
- Forged and machined aluminium spool
make the Mag 4 a classy all-round performer which is going to attract some enviable glances from your neighbouring anglers